VerSeS Music Ensembles is a Malaysian collective of musicians with a huge range of musical interests. The artistic team comprises:
- Founder, Musical Director & Choirmaster: Scott Woo
- Choral Conductor: Darrel Chan
- Conductor, Composer & Music Arranger: Isaac Chia
Our commercial activities includes:
- Live instrumental and/or vocal music performances suitable for corporate and private functions such as store opening, anniversaries and weddings.
- Festivities music such as Christmas Caroling
- Vocal Class for solo and group (3-5 pax)
- Choral Clinic for choirs in preparation for concerts or competitions; or general “health check” and improvement
VerSeS Music Ensembles is also a huge proponent of music outreach and education as well as charitable activities. We have consistently conducted non-profit outreach and music appreciation programs for people of all ages since our inception in 2002. Some of the notable projects are:
- “A Journey Through The Ages” (#AJTTA) Charity Concert series (between 2004 – 2011), that aims to promote historically informed concerts by programming music from the Renaissance, through all the major periods in western classical music to current day contemporary music. The beneficiaries of the concerts are selected from small local charity bodies.
- “The Singing Balcony” (#TheSingingBalcony) outreach program, where we offer and opportunity for audience around the Zhong Shan building a unique experience of enjoying classical vocal and choral music performed at the balcony of the building. The program includes opera arias, art songs and folk songs from various countries and other choral gems.
- the “Tiny Concerts” (#TinyConcertsMY) series, where we hold small scale conversational style concerts, breaking the barrier between performer and audience, and share with the audience music such as songcycles (eg. Dichterliebe), providing multilingual translation of the text, and share the music with the audience on an even level, often stopping in between to discuss with the audience their feedback and queries too. The program is suitable for first time listeners of classical music and the proceed from the program is divided between the performers and “The Singing Balcony” initiative.
- the “Iris and Cornflower” (#IrisCornflower) series, where the focus is music of the French and German language, both sacred and secular.
Feel free to write to us to know more of our current activities as well as quotations for private live music performances.