Live Choral, Vocal and Instrumental music at ILHAM Gallery KL, 12th December, 3.30pm. Free Event with prior registration via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. More info in our “Schedule” page.
Follow us as we visit collaborative musicians around the Klang Valley, sipping coffee and sing lieder, safely from their home and broadcast live. Link will be share on Facebook (https://http://www.facebook.com/VerSeS.PJ) and Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/versespj) and on this website on the actual day.
– ChamberLied #2, 14th November 2021, 9pm
– ChamberLied #1 – The Schubert Session
VerSeS Music Ensembles
VerSeS Music Ensembles is a Malaysian collective of musicians with a huge range of musical interests. The artistic team comprises:
- Artistic Director & Vocal Coach: Scott Woo
- Choral Conductor: Darrel Chan
- Conductor, Composer & Music Arranger: Isaac Chia
Our commercial activities includes:
- Live instrumental and/or vocal music performances suitable for corporate and private functions such as store opening, anniversaries and weddings
- Festivities music such as Christmas Caroling
- Music lessons (Vocal, Classical Guitar, Piano and Flute) in 1-to-1 and group (3-5 pax) format
- Choral Clinic for choirs in preparation for concerts or competitions; or general “health check” and improvement
VerSeS Music Ensembles is also a huge proponent of music outreach and education as well as charitable activities. We have consistently conducted non-profit outreach and music appreciation programs for people of all ages since our inception in 2002. Some of the notable projects are:
- “The Singing Balcony” (#TheSingingBalcony) outreach program, where we perform uncommon music in unlikely spaces around the city, offering the opportunity for audience a unique experience of enjoying classical vocal and choral music unexpectedly. The program includes opera arias, art songs and folk songs from various countries and other choral gems. The sessions are Free of Charge, though we welcome tips for the professional musicians involved in this social responsibility music education initiative:
- “Bite-Sized Opera“, where selected operas are condensed into 45 mins version suitable for adults and children alike. A simplified plot, with dialogues in colloquial local languages and feature key arias in full and in original language, will make the session easy to follow. This foster and cultivate an understanding and acceptance of opera to new listeners and provides fresh take on the opera even to connoisseur too. So far we have conducted Bite-Sized Magic Flute / Seruling Ajaib in 2019 in collaboration with Ann Perreau’s School, and are in the planning for a second run in 2020, in collaboration with ILHAM Gallery.
- “A Journey Through The Ages” (#AJTTA) Charity Concert series (between 2004 – 2011), that aims to promote historically informed concerts by programming music from the Renaissance, through all the major periods in western classical music to current day contemporary music. The beneficiaries of the concerts are selected from small local charity bodies.
- the “Tiny Concerts” (#TinyConcertsMY) series, where we hold small scale conversational style concerts, breaking the barrier between performer and audience, and share with the audience music such as songcycles (eg. Dichterliebe), providing multilingual translation of the text, and share the music with the audience on an even level, often stopping in between to discuss with the audience their feedback and queries too. The program is suitable for first time listeners of classical music and the proceed from the program is divided between the performers and “The Singing Balcony” initiative.
- the “Iris and Cornflower” (#IrisCornflower) series, where the focus is music of the French and German language, both sacred and secular. The sacred edition was invited to be performed in 2018 Macau Vocal Festival as festival opening concert.
Feel free to write to us to know more of our current activities as well as quotations for private live music performances.